Web Key IT Certificate in Digital Accessibility
This certificate level program covers all major aspects of Digital accessibility over 5 one day sessions on consecutive weeks. An organisation that fills all 5 days qualifies for an organisational certificate. An individual for takes all 5 days qualifies for a personal certificate and, if they are an ACS member, they also gain professional points. Discussions are taking place for this certificate to gain recognition at a tertiary level.
The 5 week course is made up of course modules that are all self-standing so an organisation may buy the whole 5 weeks but send different people to individual days. For example: technical people to technical days and content people to document days. This also allows for a day course (or set of days, or a half day) to be offered as a stand-alone course for a client at any time even though that client has not taken up the full 5 week package.
During the course, participants will prepare a Digital Accessibility Action Plan for their organisation and conduct an initial high level review of the organisation’s digital resources (web & documents) under the guidance and support of WebKeyIT’s accessibility experts.
For organisations that send a team of people, those participants can become an in-house digital accessibility working group.
The 5-week course program
- Introduction to Digital Accessibility . This online self-study course of about 15-30 mins duration is taken by all participants prior to coming to any course or Day in a 5 week program. It only has to be taken once.
- Day 1: Website accessibility for content authors and developers . This course includes Testing 01 - Basic as part of its content.
- Day 2: Creating accessible documents . This course also introduces interactive forms but does not go into detail.
- Day 3: Screen Readers and Testing 02 – Intermediate. Testing 02 introduces ARIA and also focuses on keyboard testing.
- Day 4: Creating Accessible Forms and PDFs.
- Day 5: Taking Care of Business and Testing 03 – Advanced techniques
For information about our training options, detailed course outlines and upcoming training events please email us at Web Key IT.